Sunday 5 October 2014

About to make a thing from the rubbish I collected at the beach today



See the grapes?  People gave me these to eat when they saw me picking up rubbish. They gave me a bag too which I was hoping like a crazy thing to find :-D
"I really feel sorry for people who think things like soap dishes or mirrors or Coke bottles are ugly because they're surrounded by things like that all day long, and it must make them miserable."
Robert Rauschenberg - (One of my favourite artists check out this quick read)
Found these treasures at the beach today. 
I hope to get everything you see there glued onto the hubcap or whatever can hold it all safely.  
I will paint it and call it 'Painted Sculpture Thing.'
Also dropped more of my guerilla art cards around  Wellington.  
Here were my cards, in trees/fence posts/parking machines/poster boards/seats etc in glorious Oriental Bay today.  On the back is an easy peasy art suggestion for the finder to make or do :P









Already I am wondering what the 'hero of the dish' will be.
Have you ever made a Painted Sculpture Thing from rubbish or other art supplies?
How did it go?  
Tips for strategy, how to get going etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment